Protect your Batteries.
We highly recommend buying a battery safe pack to put your Li Ion batteries in when they are charging or in storage.
When treated properly, Lithium Ion battery packs are fairly safe — even gas tanks are more likely to ignite. However, it can’t hurt to take precautions. If a Lithium battery does ignite, the resulting fire can be very dangerous.
Take a look at the video below of a Lithium battery that was intentionally punctured.
A battery safe pack prevents a damaged lithium battery from igniting.
Handling and Storage:
● Never alter, puncture or impact Batteries or related components.
● Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.
● Never store loose Batteries together, the Batteries’ terminals may contact one another causing a short circuit.
● Never expose Batteries to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
● Always disconnect Batteries when not in use.
Before the First Charge:
● Ensure batteries are not damaged, as this may cause a short circuit of fire.
● Always refer to your charger’s manual to ensure safe operation.
● Always charge Batteries in an open area away from flammable materials, liquids and surfaces.
● Never charge Batteries that are hot to the touch (above 120°F)
● Never make wrong polarity connection when charging and discharging battery packs. Always double check polarity of battery’s connector to make sure red wire to red wire and black wire to black wire.
● Please always use a smart charger (with automatic power cut-off function ) to charge Li Ion battery；charging Li Ion battery without an attention may cause battery explode.
● When charging Li Ion battery, please always put the battery in a water-proof place to avoid any accident from happening.
● For larger battery packs (10Ah or larger ), please always use a smart charger with a temperature sensor to avoid over heating which may cause an accident. Please always keep Li Ion cells / battery pack charged at 3.3V per cell for long term storage.
● We suggest you charge Li Ion batteries and packs at least every six months, otherwise the Li Ion battery will have less capacity than before. For safety reasons, our Lithium Ion batteries are usually shipped without a full charge (at 3.3V per cell). Therefore, please ensure that you charge the battery before use.
Additional Guidelines and Warnings:
● In the event of a crash, always quickly and safely disconnect and remove the battery pack from the model. Then follow the previously listed safety procedures.
● If the internal contents of Batteries come into contact with your skin, wash the affected area(s) with soap and water immediately. If it comes into contact with your eye(s), flush them with generous amounts of water for 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention.
ARIES SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHETHER ACCIDENTAL OR INTENTIONAL.
Further, in no event shall the liability of ARIES exceed the individual price of the Product on which liability is asserted. As Aries has no control over use, setup, final assembly, modification or misuse, no liability shall be assumed nor accepted for any resulting damage or injury. By the act of use, setup or assembly the user accepts all resulting liability.